A liquid rhinoplasty is a medical procedure that doctors apply to treat the defects of the nose such as the shape, size, and bumps among others. By using injectable fillers, the non-surgical procedure can effectively improve the position of the nasal tip and remove any bumps. However, this procedure is not for everyone. It’s worth noting that it’s only applied to fix hollows and depressions on the nose. So, how do you know if it’s applicable to you? Expert consultation and examination will answer that. Visit Rhinoplasty Melbourne clinic and get expert advice before kicking off the procedure.
What equipment does it require?
This is a non-surgical procedure, and therefore the equipment applicable to is just not complex. The doctor requires some injectable fillers- Perlane, Restylane, Radiesse, and Juvederm. However, many doctors do not prefer using Radiesse injectable filler. The other three are the best choice for every health specialist because they are easy to shape and mold, do not interfere with a future rhinoplasty, and they can easily be removed within a day through injecting another medication.
Benefits of Liquid Rhinoplasty over Surgical Rhinoplasty
- It has no downtime. Bruising is very rare, and you’re assured to get back to work immediately
- Very safe and yields the results almost immediately
- Very effective in correcting minor depressions.
If, however, you do not see the results, you can consider dissolving it within a day!
As I said earlier on, this procedure is not for everyone. This is one downside. So, you need to see a doctor for some consultation to determine whether it’s fit for you or not.
The other downtime is that the procedure is temporary and does not make a nose smaller.
After the procedure
Because the procedure somehow hurts a little bit, there are some things that you will be required to do after the procedure has been carried out. Numbness will last up to an hour. So, do this after the procedure:
- Apply ice packs to the nose in a gentle manner. This should be done within the first 24 hours
- Maintain your head a bit elevated above the heart. You can use some pillows to maintain this elevation
- Do not massage, apply pressure nor should you push on for the first 14 days.
- Get the nose wet almost immediately
- Makeup can be worn at any time.